Re: PG 7.2b4 bug?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG 7.2b4 bug?
Date: 2001-12-17 21:59:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com> writes:
> Most language standards - at least the ones I've worked
> on - require compliant implementations to define and document
> implementation-defined behavior ...

SQL99 saith:

         g) implementation-defined: Possibly differing between SQL-
            implementations, but specified by the implementor for each
            particular SQL-implementation.

         h) implementation-dependent: Possibly differing between SQL-
            implementations, but not specified by ISO/IEC 9075, and not
            required to be specified by the implementor for any particular
            SQL-implementations.

Behavior of nondeterministic functions falls in the second category ...