Re: config files in /data

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: config files in /data
Date: 2000-05-31 17:23:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Yes, seems user-editable files should go in pgsql/etc or pgsql/config.

What? That'd mean you couldn't have different files for different
installations, which'd be a severe handicap (at least for developers
who are pretty likely to have multiple installations on one machine).
Putting the active copies under the data/ directory is good.

Or did you really mean a new subdirectory like data/config/ ?
I could live with that for new or reformatted config files. As long as
pg_hba.conf (for example) doesn't change meaning/layout I'd rather leave
it where it is.