Re: Killing a session

From: "Gregory S(dot) Williamson" <gsw(at)globexplorer(dot)com>
To: "Vitaly Belman" <vitalyb(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Killing a session
Date: 2004-08-21 20:45:24
Lists: pgsql-general
kill -15 pid#

will kill a given thread ... you can look in the pg_stat_activity; the query_start shows when it started, the current_query shows at least a portion of the SQL the thread is executing, and procpid if the pid of the process to kill with a -15 command.

Not sure about Windows variants, though.

HTH

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC