pgadminIII Configuration problem

From: "Boblitz John" <John(dot)Boblitz(at)BERTSCHI(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgadminIII Configuration problem
Date: 2011-03-01 10:04:48
Lists: pgadmin-support

Good Morning,

I have the following setup:

Debian <<squeeze>> Server with the following PostgreSQL modules:

i odbc-postgresql 1:08.03.02
1:08.03.02
i pgadmin3 1.10.5-1
1.10.5-1
i A pgadmin3-data 1.10.5-1
1.10.5-1
i A pgagent 3.0.1-1
3.0.1-1
i postgresql 8.4.7-0squ
8.4.7-0squ
i A postgresql-8.4 8.4.7-0squ
8.4.7-0squ
i postgresql-8.4-debversion 1.0.3-1+b1
1.0.3-1+b1
i postgresql-client 8.4.7-0squ
8.4.7-0squ
i A postgresql-client-8.4 8.4.7-0squ
8.4.7-0squ
i A postgresql-client-common 113
113
i A postgresql-common 113
113
i postgresql-contrib 8.4.7-0squ
8.4.7-0squ
i A postgresql-contrib-8.4 8.4.7-0squ
8.4.7-0squ

Simple Database is set up and I can query from the server.

To Administer from my local PC (WinXP), I installed pgadminIII (v1.12.2)
and configured it to connect to the server
which works, to a point.

I can see the database and can query the test file. However, I keep
getting the message that an adminpack needs
to be set up. Supposedly, this is already in the postgresql-contrib* -
but I am unable to find the correct
Directory /usr/local/pgsql/share/contrib/.

Any ideas what I have done wrong?

John

----

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk?