wrong value returned?

From: <mike(dot)gagnon(at)bellnet(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: wrong value returned?
Date: 2008-06-11 14:04:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I've setup a query in my program to get the biggest value used in my "customers" table.  There is a serial column called customer_id.  I use the following query within my program and it returns, lets say, 3.  If I run the same query from the psql console window (over and over and at the same point where I've stepped to in my program), it will consistently return 2 whereas the program will consistently return 3 (always one more).

Here is the query to get the last ID used:
SELECT customer_id from customers order by customer_id DESC limit 1;

I do one fetch and have my result programmatically which is always 1 more than the value returned by the psql console window method.  What gives?

Many thanks,
Mike

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Fred ParkinsonDate: 2008-06-11 16:28:55