Re: ODBC Driver on Windows 64 bit

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Craig" <postgresql(at)bryden(dot)co(dot)za>
Subject: Re: ODBC Driver on Windows 64 bit
Date: 2005-09-15 13:31:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I think the best short term chance for 64 bit postgresql on windows is
the upcoming SUA, aka Interix with the beefed up posix kernel
personality that is coming out with the new server.  The old interix had
a full gnu toolset capable of compiling postgres.  The neatest part was
that they made it easy to swap out intel, ms, and gcc compilers.

That being said, from what I'm hearing it may be moot because it's
probably best to run postgres as 32 bit on a 64 bit operating system
performance wise.

Merlin

 It's very unlikely (in the near future that is). The current toolset we
use is still well and truly 32 bit on Windows, and even once we've
worked around that (by perhaps moving to the Microsoft Compiler), we'd
still need to port at least libpq from PostgreSQL, as well as find 64
bit versions of the SSL and GNU Gettext libraries - neither of which
I've ever seen.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2005-09-15 13:37:33