Re: Install as program

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Brian J(dot) Erickson" <ericksbr(at)infocon-inc(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Install as program
Date: 2005-05-12 13:48:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> When PostgreSQL is installed as a program,
> the install does not ask for a user name or password.

The .msi installer prompts you for the root account name and password
(usually postgres).  Logging onto the database is possible without a
password if the terminal you are logging in from (127.0.0.1) uses the
'trust' authentication method in pg_hba.conf.  Open this file and read
it over until you understand it completely.

> How does someone connect to the Database Server,
> without a user name or password,
> especially, if the database server has no accounts?

The database is always installed with an account. I'd suggest going
through the install process once again...don't confuse the database root
account with the NT user account the database runs under.

Merlin

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Knut P. LehreDate: 2005-05-13 07:20:14