Re: automated builds?

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers-win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: automated builds?
Date: 2004-09-27 12:17:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> >>Is everyone still building interactively? I'm looking for nice ways
> >>automate building on Windows without any human action
> >>required, as part of the buildfarm project.

Here is what I did:
[build_postgres.bat]
echo "build_postgres" | C:\msys\1.0\bin\sh --login -i

[build_postgres]
cd /postgres/pgsql
./configure
make clean
make
make install

build_postgres.bat was a batch file hooked to a scheduled task, and
build_postgres was a shell script sitting in my msys home folder.  I
built postgres nightly for a few months until the installer came online.

Just a word of warning: if the scheduled task fails for any reason (and
mine did a number of times, reason unknown), it will stop running until
you manually start it again.  I don't think it's good enough for an
industrial type setup unless you get some kind of confirmation from the
process.

Merlin

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date