Re: Lots of write errors with foreign key references :(

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: "Mike Fahey" <mfahey(at)enter(dot)net>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Lots of write errors with foreign key references :(
Date: 2004-10-18 06:42:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi,

How do you proceed when you insert data under Access 2003? Are you doing that programmatically? Or are you using the Access table view?

The only time when I get the same kind of error is when I modify data, which is again modified by a trigger under Postgresql. If I have listed the modified column (timestamp, for example) in the recordset, Access beleives there is a concurrent user that has modified the data. One solution is to take this column away from the recordset.