Re: stats test on Windows is now failing repeatably?

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "ITAGAKI Takahiro" <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: stats test on Windows is now failing repeatably?
Date: 2006-08-30 17:46:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> >> It looks to me like we have implemented Windows'
> FILE_SHARE_DELETE
> >> flag for open() calls but not for fopen(). Isn't this a
> problem?
> >> We do use fopen() for stuff like pgstat.stat.
>
> > That definitely sounds like a problem, there is no reason why the
> > issue shouldn't occur for fopen(). Do you want to work up a patch
> for
> > that based on open(), or do you want me to take a look at it?
>
> It looks straightforward to apply our reimplemented pgwin32_open()
> followed by fdopen(), but since I don't have a Windows build
> environment I couldn't test the patch. Please take a look at it.

I think this is what we want. It passes regression tests on my machine.
I never managed to reproduce the original problem on this machine, so
don't know if it solves the problem, but I don't think it makes it worse
:-)

//Magnus

Attachment Content-Type Size
win32_fopen.diff application/octet-stream 2.0 KB