Re: Upcoming 8.0.2 Release

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upcoming 8.0.2 Release
Date: 2005-03-24 20:30:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Now that Tom has gotten the ARC->2Q changes into the 8.0.x Branch, and

>Josh has had some time to do some preliminary performance
>testing on it,
>we need to put out 8.0.2 ...
>
>Core's hope is to wrap a beta up on Friday (tomorrow), and
>baring any bugs
>found in it, do a full release next Thursday.
>
>The reason for the gap is to give a bit of extra testing time
>due to the
>ARC->2Q changes ...
>
>Is anyone sitting on anything that they feel needs/should get
>into 8.0.2?

I have three pending kerberos patches, two of which are plain bugfixes
and one which I'd argue is a bugfix around a can't-compile issue, that
I'd very much like to see in 8.0.2. The bugfixes are general (both bit
me rather badly on linux while testing before I got into the win32 part
of the testing), the compile fix is win32 specific.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2005-03/msg00148.php
(bugfix)
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2005-03/msg00150.php
(compile fix)