Re: BUG #1475: error to install language pltcl

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Luciano Almeida" <luciano(dot)potencial(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br>,<pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #1475: error to install language pltcl
Date: 2005-02-11 10:21:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Bug reference:      1475
> Logged by:          Luciano Almeida
> Email address:      luciano(dot)potencial(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0
> Operating system:   Windows XP
> Details:
>
> Hello....
> I'm from brazil...
>
> I'm trying to install the language pltcl but the pg show me
> this message
>
> createlang pltcl template1 -U administrador
> password:
> createlang: language installation failed: ERROR: could not
> load library "C:\Arquivos de
> Programas\PostgreSQL\8.0\lib\pltcl.dll": dynamic load error
>
> The file are at especified direcotory

Do you have ActiveState TCL installed? Make sure it's directory with
TCL84.DLL is in the system path (not just your personal one), and also
make sure the postgres service account has read permissions on all the
files in the TCL directories.

If things look right, please run depends.exe (it's in the windows
support tools) on pltcl.dll to see exactly what breaks.

//Magnus

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Neil ConwayDate: 2005-02-11 10:57:24