Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,"Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>,"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>,"T(dot)J(dot)" <tjtoocool(at)phreaker(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..
Date: 2005-01-07 22:35:24
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-hackers-win32
>> My feeling is that the *.txt is actually misleading because
>people will
>> think of it as a file full of freeform text (paragraphs) and not a
>> configuration file.
>
>Why would they think that?  If notepad tends to auto-wrap files then
>this argument has some force; I'm not very familar with it though.

It does not. There is an option to make it *show* the file with wrapped
line, but it does not even have the capability to wordwrap the files
themselves.

FWIW, I've seen several apps that use .txt for config files, but I can't
think of an example right now. Most don't though - .cfg or .conf is
probably most common. Except for the majority of windows programs that
don't use config files - they use the registry. But I see no reason *at
all* for us to want to do that :-) It also more or less requires you to
write a GUI to change the config stuff and in that case the file
extension becomes irrelevant.

//Magnus

Next:From: Matthew T. O'ConnorDate: 2005-01-07 22:48:50