Re: automated builds?

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>,"pgsql-hackers-win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: automated builds?
Date: 2004-09-26 10:22:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
>Is everyone still building interactively? I'm looking for nice ways to
>automate building on Windows without any human action
>required, as part of the buildfarm project.

Not sure what you mean by interactively. A shellscript that does
distclean/configure/make qualify as non-interactive? If so....

Getting it in with the buildfarm would be great though ;-)

>Ideas on how to do this nicely for Windows
>would be appreciated. Can one run the MSys shell without it
>firing up an emulated xterm?

Certainly. Just start x:\msys\1.0\bin\sh.exe. To get the adjusted paths
(if you want ls and such tools), run
x:\msys\1.0\bin\sh --login -i

(msys.bat will actually do this if it doesn't find rxvt..)

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Subject: automated builds?