win32 timezone map

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "PostgreSQL-patches" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: win32 timezone map
Date: 2004-07-30 20:55:48
Lists: pgsql-patches

Per discussion off-list with Tom, here is a patch to redo the way the
system timezone is detected on win32. Instead of trying to figure out
what to do, it just looks in a lookup table for all available timezones
(there is a finite and stable number of timezones on a win32 system,
unlike unixes that can have timezones added manually in most cases).

I've tried to match the timezones as good as I could using the city
names from the win32 descriptions and using some google. There are
probably some that can have better mappings - local knowledge is
probably the key there.

In passing the patch also removes some of the kludges put in the tz
detection code that were specific for win32.

//Magnus