64 or 32 postgres

From: "Subbiah, Stalin" <SSubbiah(at)netopia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 64 or 32 postgres
Date: 2005-03-25 19:12:37
Lists: pgsql-admin
How to figure out whether the installed postgres version is 32 bit or
64bit ? We installed postgres801 from src on susu box with EMT64 bit
hardware. I assume since the hardware was 64 bit, postgres should have
compiled in 64 bit too, but then we ran into this error

FATAL: database files are incompatible with server
DETAIL: The database cluster was initialized without
HAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP but the server was compiled with
HAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP.
HINT: It looks like you need to recompile or initdb.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Stalin

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Matthew WronkowskiDate: 2005-03-25 19:32:02