initdb problems

From: Vladimir Tsvetkov <npacemo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: initdb problems
Date: 2005-10-11 08:40:46
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
I read the FAQ about PostgreSQL on Cygwin, but I couldn't understand
where and when should I run:

# make MAX_CONNECTIONS=5 check

And how to increase SEMMNS to avoid the following failure:

DETAIL:  Failed system call was semget(1, 17, 03600).
HINT:  This error does *not* mean that you have run out of disk space.
        It occurs when either the system limit for the maximum number of semapho
re sets (SEMMNI), or the system wide maximum number of semaphores (SEMMNS), woul
d be exceeded.  You need to raise the respective kernel parameter.  Alternativel
y, reduce PostgreSQL's consumption of semaphores by reducing its max_connections
 parameter (currently 10).
        The PostgreSQL documentation contains more information about configuring
 your system for PostgreSQL.

I've just upgraded my Cygwin installation. The previous installation
of Cygwin + PostgreSQL had no problems at all.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Tsvetkov

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Vladimir TsvetkovDate: 2005-10-11 09:54:03