bigint and int

From: Leslie S Satenstein <lsatenstein(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres Documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: bigint and int
Date: 2010-12-30 11:11:18
Lists: pgsql-docs
Gentlemen

Tom's rewording suites me fine as I am concentrating my efforts on chap 31 contents.

Tom suggested:

The bigint type should only be used if the range of the integer
 type is insufficient, because the latter is definitely faster.

If you want to nit-pick just a bit more, consider:

The bigint type should only be used if the range of the integer
 type is insufficient.

------------------

Regards
 Leslie
 Mr. Leslie Satenstein
40 years in IT and going strong.
Yesterday was a good day, today is a better day,
and tomorrow will be even better.

mailto:lsatenstein(at)yahoo(dot)com
alternative: leslie(dot)satenstein(at)itbms(dot)biz
www.itbms.biz / www.eclipseguard.com

pgsql-docs by date