Re: Build farm failure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Build farm failure
Date: 2007-10-02 02:20:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> And given the consistency and the fact that the other icc machines
> didn't show the same problems it sounds like it's something about that
> machine, not a software problem.

Well, we haven't *got* any other icc-on-ia64 machines AFAICS, so it
could easily be a software problem.

Your remark about padding set off an alarm bell on re-reading --- what
if RelFileNode is padded to 16 bytes on that architecture?  Junk in the
padding might break lookups in bgwriter's internal hashtable.  But the
Intel docs I can find do not suggest any such thing.  Could someone
confirm what sizeof(RelFileNode) is on ia64?