New platform-specific FAQ for HPUX

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: New platform-specific FAQ for HPUX
Date: 1998-11-28 23:29:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Several people have mentioned the need for a platform-specific FAQ for
HPUX. I've finally stepped up and drafted one ... it's doubtless not
very complete yet, so if you have had problems using Postgres on HPUX
would you take a look and see what can be added or improved?

I've placed the initial draft in the CVS sources (pgsql/doc/FAQ_HPUX)
as well as on the website (http://postgreSQL.org/docs/faq-hpux.shtml,
or you can get there by following the link from the main FAQ).

BTW, would someone check my work with adding this new file to both
the main CVS branch and REL6_4? I committed the new file in the
main branch then did
cvs tag -b REL6_4 FAQ_HPUX
which seemed to work... but I'm not sure I know what I'm doing with
CVS branches...