Re: [BUGS] Error in Makefile

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Ferruccio Zamuner <nonsolosoft(at)diff(dot)org>, pgsql-bugs(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] Error in Makefile
Date: 1999-08-25 15:11:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
>> $ cd pl/tcp
>> $ ld -shared -x -soname pltcl.o -o pltcl.so -L/usr/local/lib -ltcl80

> Now, configure is generating other files that have some bug where the
> -soname does not have the proper handling. Can you point me to where
> this problem may be coming from?

pl/tcl doesn't use Makefile.shlib --- it relies on information from
the local Tcl installation to build a Tcl-compatible shlib. I suspect
what we have here is either an error in Ferruccio's local tclConfig.sh,
or the pl/tcl Makefile is not fully understanding how to use the info
from tclConfig.sh. If you can build pl/tcl on your system then I'm
guessing the former? Hard to tell for sure, but it sure looks like
the shlib name is not getting inserted after -soname like it needs to.