Re: The PostgreSQL Data directory Must be on an NTFS formatted Volume

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The PostgreSQL Data directory Must be on an NTFS formatted Volume
Date: 2007-10-26 18:44:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs
larm(at)mailme(dot)dk writes:
> I have a problem with the installation: Data directory error:
>
> The PostgreSQL Data directory Must be on an NTFS formatted Volume

In which way does this appear to be a bug?

Is the volume you are trying to put the database on an NTFS-formatted
one, and the system is not recognizing that?

If that is so, then you should see about reporting what information
you can so that we might be able to figure out why the volume is being
misreported.

If that is not the problem, and you are attempting to install a
database on other than an NTFS volume, then this is not a bug, but
rather some sort of refusal, elliptical or otherwise, on your part, to
follow directions.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="linuxfinances.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxfinances.info/info/linux.html