At long last, here is version 1.1.5, which now supports PostgreSQL
This has been run thru the Release Checklist
There are two tarballs: slony1-1.1.5.tar.bz2 and prebuilt docs:
The sources include the "new generation" test scripts, which make
running a set of tests easier; see tests/README for more details.
There are a few pointedly tasty improvements in store:
1. Compatibility with 8.1. There was a sort of "interlock" that
abused pg_listener in order to make sure that each node was being
managed by one and only one slon process. Functionality of
Async_Unlisten() changed in 8.1, so we had to change strategy to
use a new custom table to manage this.
2. Improved SUBSCRIBE SET performance. Indices are temporarily
detached during the COPY statements, and then reattached and
reindexed, which, in principle, should mean that subscribing a set
should even be a bit faster than restoring from pg_dump (with
Slony-I all the indices are regenerated together, so there should
be benefits from the data already being in cache).
3. The New Generation test scripts have been added in, which should
make it easier to run tests.
4. TRUNCATE is used to clear out tables at subscription time, if
5. Man pages for slon, slonik, as well as all the slonik commands
can now be generated. (It's unclear if this will necessarily be
widely packaged straight off.)
6. There is official Debian packaging under way, in the
7. A fairly large number of minor bugs that have been reported have
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
"...Unix, MS-DOS, and Windows NT (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
the Ugly)." -- Matt Welsh
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: James William Pye||Date: 2006-01-29 17:20:56|
|Subject: PL/Py version 0.3 Release|
|Previous:||From: Petri Virsunen||Date: 2006-01-23 23:14:58|
|Subject: Continuent Ships Database Virtualization Solution for PostgreSQL|