Re: when is the 'official' release date

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: when is the 'official' release date
Date: 2005-10-28 16:06:10
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com ("Merlin Moncure") writes:
>> Given the scope of some recent changes, I think Nov. 8 is if anything
>> too early -- let alone any earlier:
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-10/msg00364.php
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-10/msg00393.php
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-10/msg00382.php
>>
>> -Neil
>
> Yeah, and 8.0 went through several 'release candidate' steps before it
> went out the door.  While 8.0 was larger in scope in many respects, 11
> days or so is the duration of the RC if pg the beta gets upgraded today
> :(.  Or is pg going straight from beta to release?

We have been noticing some AIX 5.3 issues in testing 8.1 that seem to
at least warrant *minor* changes.  Unless AIX 5.3 is to be considered
"not supported," which would definitely leave some people unhappy, it
seems to me that there would need to be at least one more RC...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ntlug.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/linuxdistributions.html