Re: HELP pleaseeee!!!

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HELP pleaseeee!!!
Date: 2004-08-25 15:46:44
Lists: pgsql-admin
andresbarra(at)hotmail(dot)com ("andres barra") writes:
> hi, somebody can help me???
>
> I tried to create a new database but i canĀ“t.
>
> psql: FATAL:  Database "template1" does not exist in the system catalog.
> createdb: database creation failed
>
> I tried to make initdb in another directory and it shows me  Segmentation
> Fault.
>
> how i do to restore the template1????

You could restore template1 from template0...

$ createdb -T template0 template1

I would suggest figuring out first why template1 got trashed, as
that's a pretty severe problem.  It sounds to me as though something's
severely broken with your PostgreSQL binaries; you may want to check
the provenance of the code.

If you compiled it yourself, then checking where the compile has
gotten to is clearly in your hands; if it was installed in "packaged"
form, you should look into whether someone has corrupted it, and
how/why...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/finances.html