Re: damage control mode

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: damage control mode
Date: 2010-01-12 17:52:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 4:19 AM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com> wrote:
>> I agree.  My main concern in terms of dealing with these outstanding
>> is that it will distract us, particularly Tom, from stabilizing the
>> tree, especially HS, VF, and SR.  If the tree were in a releasable
>> state today I wouldn't be worrying about it.
>
> You sound like you want to drop the last Commit Fest and prepare beta
> instead.

I think I was pretty clear about what I was proposing in the message
with which I started this thread - bump some or all the big,
outstanding patches to leave more time for stabilizing the tree.

Almost everyone said "no".  That's the community's decision and I
accept it, but IMHO it's a tacit decision to slip the release.

...Robert