Re: BUG #5250: Tutorial examples(pre-compiled) not present with precompiled binary version of PostgreSQL.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ashish Anand <Ashish(dot)The(dot)Dev(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5250: Tutorial examples(pre-compiled) not present with precompiled binary version of PostgreSQL.
Date: 2009-12-22 03:13:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 7:05 AM, Ashish Anand <Ashish(dot)The(dot)Dev(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I downloaded from here
> http://www.postgresql.org/download/windows
> which leads to
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#windows
> and has a note:
> The one click installer is maintained by Dave Page at EnterpriseDB.
>
> Also the documentation says:
> Before you report a bug, please read and re-read the documentation to verify
> that you can really do whatever it is you are trying. If it is not clear
> from the documentation whether you can do something or not, please report
> that too; it is a bug in the documentation.

It's fine that you reported a bug - I'm not complaining.  But, the
installer you used is not a community product, but rather something
maintained by EnterpriseDB, so we don't necessarily have control over
it.  However, I do know that several EDB folks, including I believe
Dave Page, read this list, so perhaps one of them will see fit to
comment.

...Robert