Re: PLUGINS Functionlity in Win32 build scripts

From: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "MUHAMMAD ASIF" <anaeem(dot)it(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PLUGINS Functionlity in Win32 build scripts
Date: 2008-11-28 13:42:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 3:04 AM, MUHAMMAD ASIF <anaeem(dot)it(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:
>      I am currently working in EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com). During the integration of pldebugger ( http://pgfoundry.org/projects/edb-debugger ) with postgres on windows  I faced a problem that plugins are not being copied to the lib/plugins directory. Plugins should be copied in (Installation dir)lib/plugins to work properly.
>      To solve this problem I added PLUGINS logic in the Windows Perl build scripts of PostgreSQL 8.3.3. It searches for PLUGINS variable in the contrib Makefile and processes "PLUGINS" as "MODULES" and copies the generated plugin library to the (Installation dir)lib/plugins.
> Please find the attached plugin.patch file. Thanks.

Hi,

I've been assigned to review this patch, but I confess I'm a little
murky on what problem it's trying to solve.  Can you explain what I
need to do to recreate the problem?

There's also this comment on the Wiki (not sure why it wasn't posted
to the mailing list...): "Dave Page says: This doesn't work with the
edb-debugger plugin, which is the only such plugin around AFAIK. It
needs to ignore comments on the PLUGINS line, and handle multiple
targets (plugin_debugger, pldbgapi, targetinfo etc). Not sure if we
want that complexity though."  Any comments?

Thanks,

...Robert