Re: bgwriter never dies

From: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bgwriter never dies
Date: 2004-02-26 03:43:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 12:19 AM 26/02/2004, Robert Treat wrote:
>Yes, roll back any existing/uncommited transactions and shutdown

I'm not event sure I'd go with the rollback; whatever killed the PM may
make the rest of the system unstable. I'd prefer to see the transactions
rolled back (if necessary) as part of the log recovery on PM startup, not
by possibly dying PG proceses.

Philip Warner | __---_____
Albatross Consulting Pty. Ltd. |----/ - \
(A.B.N. 75 008 659 498) | /(@) ______---_