pg_restore error

From: Düster Horst <Horst(dot)Duester(at)bd(dot)so(dot)ch>
To: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_restore error
Date: 2004-10-28 15:48:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hallo

I dumped a database with large objects with the command pg_dump -Fc -b
dbname > dbname.dmp

To restore the DB I use pg_restore -d newdb dbname.dmp.
The restore process breakes with the following error message:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: relation
"tablename" does not exist.

I'm a little bit confused about that, because I thought that this error
could not happen, due to pg_restore seems to generate the items in an
optimal order. Isn't it??

I appreciate for any hints.

With best regards.

Dr. Horst Düster