PostgreSQL windows native?

From: "Zeilhofer, Peter" <Peter(dot)Zeilhofer(at)fujitsu-siemens(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL-ML" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL windows native?
Date: 2004-01-27 08:43:53
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi to all,
I refer to the mail from Claudio Natoli from Wednesday, 14.01.2004, 00:39 (see copy below). Is there some estimation about when there will be a windows native version of PostgreSQL available that does not need Cygwin any more?
Thanks for the info :-)
with kind regards

Peter Zeilhofer
EP LP COM 5
Fujitsu Siemens Computers GmbH
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 München

Tel: 089 636-47520
Fax: 089 636-47655
Mobil: 0173 5217552
E-Mail: Peter(dot)Zeilhofer(at)fujitsu-siemens(dot)com

copy of Claudio Natoli's mail from 14.01.2004, 00:39

> I know this may not be the right place, but I am looking for a Windows
> binary of psql which I can use to connect to Postgres that doesn't
> require Cygwin.

There is a link to one at the bottom of the following page:
http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/win32.html

> By the way is psql the only PostgreSQL utility like pg_dump,
> pg_create, etcetera that can be compiled without Cygwin?

Not exactly. We hope to soon have the full system available under native Windows (ie. without Cygwin).

Cheers,
Claudio

---
For the full text of these disclaimers and policies see <a href="http://www.memetrics.com/emailpolicy.html">http://www.memetrics.com/em