PostgreSQL windows native?

From: "Zeilhofer, Peter" <Peter(dot)Zeilhofer(at)fujitsu-siemens(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL-ML" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL windows native?
Date: 2004-01-27 08:43:53
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi to all,
I refer to the mail from Claudio Natoli from Wednesday, 14.01.2004, 00:39 (see copy below). Is there some estimation about when there will be a windows native version of PostgreSQL available that does not need Cygwin any more?
Thanks for the info :-)
with kind regards

Peter Zeilhofer
Fujitsu Siemens Computers GmbH
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 M√ľnchen

Tel: 	089 636-47520
Fax: 	089 636-47655
Mobil:	0173 5217552
E-Mail:	Peter(dot)Zeilhofer(at)fujitsu-siemens(dot)com

copy of Claudio Natoli's mail from 14.01.2004, 00:39

> I know this may not be the right place, but I am looking for a Windows
> binary of psql which I can use to connect to Postgres that doesn't
> require Cygwin.

There is a link to one at the bottom of the following page:

> By the way is psql the only PostgreSQL utility like pg_dump,
> pg_create, etcetera that can be compiled without Cygwin?

Not exactly. We hope to soon have the full system available under native Windows (ie. without Cygwin).

For the full text of these disclaimers and policies see <a href="">

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Claudio NatoliDate: 2004-01-27 08:49:55