Re: Re: [BUGS] Tests randomly failed

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alexander Klimov <ask(at)wisdom(dot)weizmann(dot)ac(dot)il>
Cc: Justin Clift <jclift(at)iprimus(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [BUGS] Tests randomly failed
Date: 2001-03-27 16:05:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alexander Klimov <ask(at)wisdom(dot)weizmann(dot)ac(dot)il> writes:
> Yes, it was really just incidence -- I try again, and 15 of 15 `make
> check' passed with TCP sockets, but only 3 of 15 passed with UNIX
> sockets. So, final decision is `Unix sockets are not relaible on Solaris'

So, shall we change pg_regress.sh to not use Unix sockets on Solaris?

This would potentially cause problems for "make installcheck", if the
postmaster was not started with -i. I suspect the socket problems are
only seen when many clients try to connect at the same time, so the
parallel regression tests are more prone to trouble than serial.
Perhaps for Solaris, go to TCP only if it's parallel mode?