Re: make check failure for 8.4.0

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: make check failure for 8.4.0
Date: 2009-07-17 23:30:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> ERROR: incompatible library "/home/kgrittn/postgresql-8.4.0/src/test/regress/refint.so": version mismatch
> DETAIL: Server is version 8.4, library is version 8.3.

That's just bizarre. Could you try strace'ing the backend while doing
that CREATE FUNCTION command (or it should be enough to just try to LOAD
that file by name)? That should provide some evidence about what's
happening. It seems like the dynamic linker must be ignoring the file
it's told to load and loading something else instead, but that's weird
enough that I want strace proof of it...