Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Tablespaces

From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
To: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>,<jearl(at)bullysports(dot)com>, <tswan(at)idigx(dot)com>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Greg Stark" <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"PostgreSQL Win32 port list" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Tablespaces
Date: 2004-06-11 00:36:46
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-hackers-win32

I know of bot SQL*Server and Oracle database systems on Win32 with
hundreds of millions of rows and many hundreds of gigabytes of space.
These are production systems, run by fortune 500 companies.

I expect that PostgreSQL systems on Win32 will have multiple 64-bit CPU
systems, with 16 gigs or so of ram, and a terabyte of disk, not long
after 7.5 is released (unless problems with PostgreSQL on that platform
turn up).

Is that what you have in mind when you say "small systems"?

I expect that one year after release, there will be ten times as many
PostgreSQL systems on Win32 as all combined versions now on UNIX flavors
(of course, that is a SWAG, but I think a sound one)

Next:From: Kris JurkaDate: 2004-06-11 00:41:10