Re: strange isolation test buildfarm failure on guaibasaurus

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: strange isolation test buildfarm failure on guaibasaurus
Date: 2012-12-06 15:19:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12/06/2012 04:41 AM, Christian Ullrich wrote:
> * Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> We really need to scare up another buildfarm member to run with
>> -DCLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS, now that jaguar has stopped doing so.
>
> I would be happy to do that on jaguarundi, in exchange for dialing
> down the build frequency from hourly to something a bit less
> ambitious. That machine is mostly idle anyway.

The way to set this up is to add

CPPFLAGS => '-DCLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS',

to the config_env section of buildfarm config file.

If you do this, you probably only want to run your animal on HEAD and
run, say, once or twice a day. BTW, the buildfarm scripts contain
mechanisms to prevent them from colliding with themselves, making it
safe to run the scripts (especially run_branches.pl) very frequently
without having to worry if a previously scheduled run has completed.

cheers

andrew