Re: GSSAPI Authentication Problem

From: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: John Slattery <johntslattery(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GSSAPI Authentication Problem
Date: 2012-08-07 18:42:07
Lists: pgsql-odbc

(2012/08/07 23:13), John Slattery wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 5:51 AM, Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
>> (2012/08/07 1:02), John Slattery wrote:

>>> Hiroshi,
>>>
>>> I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'll take a shot at
>>> answering it. The client is Windows XP, so I would say I'm using the
>>> standard/default Windows GINA for Winlogon.
>>

>> OK I'd like to confirm SSPI is used.
>> Could you try to set SSLMODE to 'allow' with the user name John?
>>
>> regards,
>> Hiroshi Inoue
>>

> Hiroshi,
>
> I set 'User Name' = 'john' and changed 'SSL Mode' from 'disable' to 'allow'.
>
> It worked.
>
> And I'm baffled. Is there a reason it shouldn't work with 'SSL Mode' =
> 'disable'? Would you explain?

Though psqlodbc supports SSPI authentication by itself, it doesn't
look at PGKRBSRVNAME environment variable as you pointed out.
Could you please try the drivers on testing for 9.1.0101 at
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/inocchichichi/entrance/psqlodbc/
?

Though psqlodbc communicates with servers by itself, it uses libpq
connections in some cases.
Setting sslmode to other than 'disable' forces psqlodbc to use libpq
connections.
Setting user name to '' also forces psqlodbc to use libpq connections.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue