Re: Please HELP - URGENT - transaction wraparound

From: Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh(at)pop(dot)jaring(dot)my>
To: John Sidney-Woollett <johnsw(at)wardbrook(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please HELP - URGENT - transaction wraparound
Date: 2005-10-31 17:13:15
Lists: pgsql-general

At 07:48 PM 10/30/2005 +0000, John Sidney-Woollett wrote:

>"Panic" - that's my middle name. ;)
>
>Had I known how to identify the database at fault, and that it would have
>had no effect on the other databases, then I would have handled this
>episode differently.

Wonder if it would be a good idea for the error messages to identify which
databases might have lost data.

However if you have a fair number of databases involved you might get a
fair number of log messages. Still, I think I wouldn't mind 100 lines in
the logs if I had 100 databases at risk...

:)

Link.