Re: JDBC Logging & log4j

From: Peter V Cooper <pvcooper(at)adelphia(dot)net>
To: <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "'Bruce Momjian'" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: JDBC Logging & log4j
Date: 2002-03-18 14:55:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Whew, I prefer what we have as the logging is already done to a file
on the backend and having run a support organization with many
hundreds of users under oracle the common log file on the server
seems just great. That is what is needed for my support purposes.
Maybe there are other uses. I'd prefer not to need to know ant that
much either. If we could have a build flag which would add the
logging in the driver that might be fine to get logging in the driver.
I still have to question why the backend log is insufficient.