inserting a column into a view

From: Richard Terry <rterry(at)internode(dot)on(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: inserting a column into a view
Date: 2012-06-12 22:12:14
Lists: pgsql-novice
When you modify a table some time down the track and insert a new
column, then need to update a view,  postgres always seems to insist
that you cascade drop all dependant views and rebuild them. I've got a
huge database and find I'm in this situation some years down the track
from its inceptions.

I wondered if there was any clever way around this tedious work?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards

richard

pgsql-novice by date