Re: Release of Postgres-XC 1.0.0

From: Fernando Lozano <fernando(at)lozano(dot)eti(dot)br>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release of Postgres-XC 1.0.0
Date: 2012-06-08 16:54:04
Lists: pgsql-announce
Hi Michael,

Very interesting, but the docs states that it is "transparent" only for
libpq clients. This means Java clients (using the type 4 JDBC driver)
can't use PostgreSQL XC?

Also, as far as I understand the docs, I need something external do
implement failover if I connect to a database server which comes offline
(JBoss AS HA Datasources comes to mind), and there's no balancer
included. Am I right?

[]s, Fernando Lozano