Re: 8.2.23 packages?

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.2.23 packages?
Date: 2012-04-27 17:34:36
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian
On 04/16/2012 06:48 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 10:38, Christoph Berg<cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>  wrote:
>> For the permanent home, I first like to get it more in shape.
>> Imho, pgapt.debian.net is fine for the moment.
>
> If it's not part of a firm, long-term plan, I'm afraid it isn't.
> Larger customers need to *know* that things aren't going to change
> again...

I expect demand for this to heat up enough this summer to pull Dimitri
back into helping with this again; maybe some other people too.  I hope
that pulls enough bodies in to nail down something permanent.

The business case that I expect will fund some of this is backporting
the extensions added/improved significantly in 9.2, so they're easier to
install on 9.1.  In core extensions and PGXN are all nice, but there's a
chunk of the market that will want their extensions installed via OS
packages instead.  And that problem crosses over heavily with this one.