From: Ken Benson <ken(at)infowerks(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgOLEDB.dll
Date: 2012-04-12 13:44:29
Lists: pgsql-novice
I'm trying to get the PGOLEDB to work.

The first issue is that I can't seem to find connection string examples.
I've found several references to connection string examples, but none of
the links are still working.

My 'development' platform is a Windows7 (32-bit) machine. My
'production' platform is Windows 2003 Server.

I installed PGOLEDB using the application stack builder.
Then tried a connection - The error I got was 'no provider'
So, I tried to 'register' the pgoledb.dll file ... the registration was
successful, but I still could not attach to the 'provider'.

I've used ADODB connections - extensively - in this development package
- but always before I was connecting to a Microsoft SQL database. With
PgSQL, I'm new and could use some help, here.

Thank you,

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Bob McConnellDate: 2012-04-12 16:51:09