[Problem] - Error: cannot open pg_class_oid_index: Permission denied

From: "Selvakaruppiah s-TLS,Chennai" <Selvakaruppiahs(at)hcl(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [Problem] - Error: cannot open pg_class_oid_index: Permission denied
Date: 2008-07-09 06:08:47
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

This is Selva from India.

Actually my application is using the postgres 7.2.4 as backend.

Around 8 client consoles will be connecting and making the transactions
to one of the tables in the database.

We started all 8 machines and made automatic transactions for every one
minute from all the machines to the database.

Machines were running without any problem for 2 days (without shutting
down the machines).

After 2 days 6 of the machines were hung since they were not able to
establish a connection with the table.

At the point of time, number of records in the table is 35000. (Vaccum
is not happening)

But other 2 machines are working fine.

Errors are as below:

Mac 1: At 6:51:15 - ERROR:  cannot open pg_class_oid_index: Permission
denied

Mac 2: At 6:51:45 - ERROR:  cannot open pg_class_oid_index: Permission
denied

Mac 3: At 6:53:54 - FATAL 1:  cannot open pg_attribute: Permission
denied

Max connections configured in the database is 60

Shared buffer 256

Our application will use around 2 connections each machine. Plus 1
connection will be opened and closed for every transaction.

Please let me know what exactly is the problem and how it can be solved.

Thanks in advance,

Selva

DISCLAIMER:

pgsql-novice by date

Previous:From: Ram RavichandranDate: 2008-07-08 19:45:07
Subject: parameters in pg_conf