LDAP vs. local users

From: Frank Lanitz <frank(at)frank(dot)uvena(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LDAP vs. local users
Date: 2012-01-16 14:41:29
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi admins,

I've got a question according a setup including LDAP and local users.
Currently we do have kind of a double setup: Local users that are
assigned to roles but authenticating via LDAP.
Issue is now: It happens that the user's access is expiring from
database point of view, but user is still able to authenticate via LDAP
as account is still valid. On local only users this can be done via
setting an endtime on validly of user. But how could this be done in
setup where the authentication is done via LDAP? Any best practice?

Thanks,
Frank

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Manoj GovindassamyDate: 2012-01-16 18:51:23