alternate psql file locations

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: alternate psql file locations
Date: 2011-12-31 15:52:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
It's not a big thing, but I just found myself in a shared environment
wanting to be able to set alternative locations for the psql startup
file and history. I know there's the HISTFILE variable, but I can't
easily set that automatically unless I can at least have my own .psqlrc.
ISTM it should be a fairly simple thing to provide these, via
environment variables. Is there general interest in such a thing?

cheers

andrew