Re: Report from MYGOSSCON

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Report from MYGOSSCON
Date: 2011-11-30 18:14:41
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Chris,

Thanks so much for doing the booth!  Let me know if you need to be
reimbursed for printing costs.

> And so some questions I got that I was entirely unprepared to answer:
>
> 1)  Contact points for internships?

Right now, just Google Summer of Code.

> 2)  How well translated are the PostgreSQL messages in Arabic?

Poorly, if at all.  We could use help with this.

> 3)  How does PG compare to Sybase?

See Kevin's writeup.

> 4)  PostgreSQL certifications in Asia:  Anyone offering them?

SRA does in Japan and Fujitsu in Australia and India.  I suspect they
could be persuaded to expand.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.