Re: PL/Python SQL error code pass-through

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Jan Urbański <wulczer(at)wulczer(dot)org>
Cc: Mika Eloranta <mel(at)ohmu(dot)fi>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Python SQL error code pass-through
Date: 2011-11-24 15:15:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On 24.11.2011 10:07, Jan Urbański wrote:
> On 23/11/11 17:24, Mika Eloranta wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> [PL/Python in 9.1 does not preserve SQLSTATE of errors]
> Oops, you're right, it's a regression from 9.0 behaviour.
> The fix looks good to me, I changed one place to indent with tabs
> instead of spaces and added a regression test.

Thank you, both. Is there some other fields that we should propagate
from the original error message that we're missing? Like, context and
file/line information? Or are those left out on purpose? I wonder if we
should have a more wholesale approach, and store the whole ErrorData
struct somewhere, and only add some extra context information with

> I think this should be backpatched to 9.1, no?

Yeah, it should. Your patch probably makes most sense for backpatching,
even if we do something more radical on master.

   Heikki Linnakangas