Roles and privileges?

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Roles and privileges?
Date: 2008-07-25 14:30:04
Lists: pgsql-admin
Greetings one and all,

I've been working a lot with roles and privileges lately.  I have
some developers which I would like to give just temporary access to
make tables and so on in databases.  There is a "temporary" privilege
that can be granted to a database.  Does this work this way, or does
a user have to have the ability to the create option specified on the
user's role?

Is there a query I can run to find out which users have which roles?

What does the "references" privilege do?

Can I grant privileges on views to users just as I do on tables, or
does having privileges to the underlying tables take care of that.
I've gotten errors in the past when I've tried to grant privs on
views, but I've done an upgrade since then.  I'm now on 8.2.3.

Thanks,
Carol

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Greg SmithDate: 2008-07-26 21:47:05