Re: little bug in the editor of 1.14 rc1

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: little bug in the editor of 1.14 rc1
Date: 2011-09-04 12:23:08
Lists: pgadmin-support

Am 04.09.2011 08:52, schrieb Guillaume Lelarge:
> On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 00:26 +0200, Andreas wrote:
>> But if I click behind a second ) it highlights the corresponding ( too
>> but lets the highlighting of the first pair still on.
>> So if one feels like it, one could highlight every () in the editor.
> Doesn't happen to me. Which OS are you using? and if you're on Linux,
> which version of wxWidgets?
Windows Vista ... well, yeah I know ... :(
>> If I click before a ( or a ), it doesn't react at all. Maybe thats
>> intended as V1.10 and V1.12 doesn't react either?
> Intended is probably a string word. Not cared, or forgotten, would fit
> better.
>
> Anyway, I added the code for that. Code that won't be in 1.14 though.
Nice to know there is someone making an efford to improve things. :)
>> And the pgAgmins before 1.14 rc1 are faster to find the other bracket.
>>
> Finding the other bracket is a wxWidget function. So I guess I can't do
> much on this one. Is it a really big difference?
I haven't timed it with a stopwatch but before 1.14 there was no lag and
with 1.14rc1 there is a lag.
I wouldn't say it's really half a second but it's obviously making a
break to figure things out.