Re: Problem connecting to Postgresql on ubuntu 11.04 on virtual box

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Lukasz Brodziak" <lukasz(dot)brodziak(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem connecting to Postgresql on ubuntu 11.04 on virtual box
Date: 2011-07-14 13:52:40
Lists: pgsql-admin
Lukasz Brodziak <lukasz(dot)brodziak(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> As in the topic I can't connect to a PG installed in ubuntu on
> virtualbox. The host system is Windows XP, pg is running on ubuntu
> as I van connect to it through pgadmin on VB. When I try to
> connect to it from software running on the host system I get the
> error asking whether the server is running on host
> and is accepting connections on port 5432 which it does.
Have you set listen_addresses?
> Pg version is 8.2.4 instelled from source.
Major release 8.2 hits end of life in five months.
8.2.4 is very old.  You should be on the latest bug fix release of
You can get some sense of the bug and security fixes you will be
missing by reading the files from 8.2.5 to 8.2.21 here:
If setting listen_addresses and restarting PostgreSQL doesn't fix
your connectivity problem, please read this page and post again: